Sustainable Energy Consulting
Solar PV | Wind | Geothermal | Hydro | Energy Storage
We work on feasibility assessments, system designs, equipment procurement, installation, project management, commissioning, benchmarking/QAQC, and grant applications.
SURFACE provides sutainable energy consulting services, including:
- System designs
- Equipment and materials procurement
- Installation quote procurement
- Project Management
- Commissioning / 3rd party verification services
- Solar Photovoltaics (PV) - A sustainable method of converting solar energy (sun rays) into direct current (DC) electricity using semiconducting materials that implement the photoelectric effect (the production of electrons or “free carriers” caused when the sun’s rays shine onto a specialized material).
- Geothermal (Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP)) - The ambient earth temperature is used as central heating or cooling for a building. GSHP technology implements the principles of vapour compression through a refrigeration cycle using a compressor and condenser. The GSHP system will transfer heat to or from the ground depending on the building requirements:
- In the winter the ambient earth temperature is used as a heat source.
- During the summer the earth is used as a heat sink.
- Air Source Heat Pump- Similar to Ground Source Heat Pump technology, an Air Source Heat Pump exchanges hot or cool air from inside a building to the outside depending on the building requirements.
- Wind- Mechanically produced power is generated through the consistent flow of wind though a specialized wind turbine.
- Micro Hydro- Small scale hydro-electric power production (commonly 5 to 100 kW) produced from naturally flowing water.
- Energy Storage- Energy produced through clean energy technologies such as: solar PV, wind, and micro hydro requires a storage medium for long term use. Energy storage is the method to capture and store energy through a variety of means, including: chemical, kinetic, potential, and temperature.
SURFACE and our team of Sustainable Technology experts provide all levels of sustainable energy project development, from project conception and initiation, to project close.